5 May 1913: Charles Weston showed up in Canberra as the Officer-in-Charge (Afforestation Branch), Federal Capital Territory.
Click on this webcapi.com
May 1913: Marion Mahoney Griffin and Walter Burley Griffin show up in Australia, where Walter takes the place of Federal Capital Director of Design and Construction.
18 March 1918: Canberra, Griffin’s last marked plan for Canberra – the city and environmental factors plan, which is the reason for the 1925 gazetted plan, is distributed.
Know all bout capital of australia
31 December 1920: Walter Burley Griffin acknowledges the end of the agreement ‘under fight and with extraordinary lament’ as Federal Capital Director of Design and Construction.
27 January 1921: First gathering of the Federal Capital Advisory Committee (FCAC), led by (Sir) John Sulman.
January 1924: First gathering of the Federal Cabinet in Canberra at Yarralumla Homestead (presently the Governor-General’s home).
19 November 1925: The Griffin Plan for Canberra (known as the ‘Legal Plan for Canberra’) was gazetted because of the Seat of Government (Administration) Act.
1925: The Federal Capital Advisory Committee was supplanted by the Federal Capital Commission (FCC).
3 September 1926: First version of The Canberra Times, a week after week distribution.
9 May 1927: The Provisional Parliament House (presently called the Old Parliament House) opened. The Federal Parliament sits in Canberra interestingly.
1928: Repeal of liquor preclusion for the Federal Capital Territory.
1938: The Federal Capital Territory was renamed the Australian Capital Territory. Foundation of National Capital Planning and Development Committee (NCDC).
8 December 1941: The rent was finished paperwork for the Embassy of the United States of America, the primary reason assembled consulate. In light of the International Date Line, it is really the day of the assault on Pearl Harbor.
1954: The Australian-American dedication on Russell Hill was finished.
1955: Prime Minister Robert Menzies sends an update to his Interior Minister communicating worry about the ‘terrible’ condition of improvement in Canberra. This prompts the arrangement of a Senate Select Committee to ‘research and report on the improvement of Canberra’.
1957: The National Capital Development Commission (NCDC) is laid out for the preparation, improvement, and development of Canberra.
20 November 1957: The Canadian flagpole is a gift from the Government of Canada to the Government of Australia and is roughly 40 meters high situated at Regatta Point. Click here for history and foundation data.
1958: The Administrative Building (presently the John Gorton Building) was finished in light of the first 1924 arrangement. This is the primary long-lasting structure in the parliamentary supporters.
20 September 1963: The valves of the recently finished Scrivener Dam are shut, permitting water from the Molonglow River to shape Lake Burley Griffin.
1963: King’s and Commonwealth Avenues finished. Start development of Woden. Monaro Mall (presently some portion of Canberra Center) opens, the principal encased shopping center in Australia.
17 October 1964: Lake Burley Griffin is filled and initiated by Prime Minister Sir Robert Menzies.
25 April 1965: The ANZAC march opens on the 50th commemoration of World War I arriving at Gallipoli.
1966: Construction of the Belconnen starts.
1967: NCDC draws up the ‘Y’ plan for Canberra which includes the improvement of a direct game plan of downtown areas, each isolated by slopes and edges, or open spaces. Stops Way has been proposed as the significant east-west passage between the downtown areas.
1970: The National Carillon was opened by Queen Elizabeth II and the Captain Cook Memorial was initiated by her during a similar visit.
1974: Capitol Hill is picked as the site for the long-lasting Parliament House. Development of Tuggeranong starts.
1980: Mitchell/Girgola – Thorpe Architects won the Parliament Building Design Competition.
9 May 1988: Parliament House is opened by the Queen, 61 years after her dad opened the Old Parliament House.
1989: A.C.T. achieves self-government. The NCDC has been supplanted by the National Capital Planning Authority (later the National Capital Authority or NCA).
1990: The National Capital Plan is gazetted by the Commonwealth of Australia ‘to guarantee that Canberra and the district are arranged and created by their public significance’.
1997: Construction of Gunglin starts.
2001: The National Museum of Australia opens. Magna Carta Place is committed.
2002: Commonwealth Place and Reconciliation Place were opened.
2004: The National Capital Authority finished the Griffin Legacy Study.
2008: National Portrait Gallery opened.
2013: The National Arboretum is praised as Canberra’s 100th birthday celebration.