You can donate it, recycle it, or sell it, but what’s the best way to get rid of an old mattress? Before you do anything, make sure you follow any special disposal instructions the manufacturer has included with the mattress. Once you have that out of the way, here are some suggestions to Auburn Junk Removal on how to get rid of your old mattress in a safe and responsible manner.
Donating your old mattress to someone else is a great way to recycle it. You can also donate it to a charity or find recyclers in your area that will take them for free. If you’re not sure where to go, call your city hall and they may have a list of places they recommend. You can also try listing it on Craigslist if you’re in the market for a new bed.
If you have an old mattress that is no longer usable, you can donate it to a charity. Many charities like Auburn Junk Removal are in need of these items and will be happy to take them off your hands. When choosing which charity to donate to, there are many factors that you should consider. Charity Navigator is a great place to start when researching the best charities in your area.
Give It Away
1) Find a friend, neighbor, or family member who might need a mattress.
2) List the mattress on Craigslist to see if someone will take it off your hands for free.
3) Offer the mattress in exchange for other items you need, such as furniture or baby clothes. You can also ask for some of their old newspapers to wrap the mattress in before handing it over so they don’t have to deal with disposing of Auburn Junk Removal of it themselves!
4) Throw the old mattress out on your curb and wait for someone who needs one to come by and pick it up. Make sure you put up a sign that says something like free or donate so people know what they’re getting themselves into.
- Give your mattress a thorough inspection to make sure there are no bed bugs or other unwanted pests. If there are, you might want to consider finding a new mattress instead of attempting to clean it on your own.
- Remove the old sheets, pillowcases, and comforter from the mattress and store them in a dry place for later use when you start sleeping on this mattress again.
- This will also allow for better air circulation which is necessary for disinfecting purposes.
Throw It Away
Old mattresses can be a breeding ground for dust mites, mold, and bacteria. They also take up space in our homes that could be better used for something else. The best way to dispose of your old mattress is to give it to charity or have it recycled. If you have pets, you may want to consider washing the mattress cover and vacuuming the inside of the cover before giving it away.
If your mattress has been in your house for more than 7 years, it is probably time to replace it. But how do you go about doing so? You may want to contact a local Tacoma Junk Haul & mattress store and ask them if they will take the old one off of your hands and recycle it for you. If they don’t have any openings, you can always call a few other stores as well. What’s important is that the old mattress is as clean as possible, which usually means taking it outside on a sunny day and giving it a good scrubbing with soap and water or using some sort of chemical cleaner on the surface. Once done, dry off the surface before bringing it back inside to place in front of an open window to air out overnight. The smell should dissipate by morning.