Welcome to the second part of our guide on how to create promotional brochures. In the first part, we gave you some tips on how to lay out an advertising brochure from a design point of view so that it is attractive, clear, and direct.
But, in this part, we will talk about software to create advertising brochures. In particular, we’ll focus on the easiest-to-use programs with free features: this time we won’t be dealing with complex programs like Adobe InDesign.
In fact, a good part of advertising brochure projects can also be done with easier and free (or almost) programs. Here’s our list of free flyer design software, with some helpful tips on how to use them.
Flyers with Canva
Using Canva to create Brochures and Stationaries Vienna, VA could be a good idea, especially if you’re short on time and inexperienced but want to come up with an attractive brochure.
Canva is a free online program in its basic version. It has a couple of other advantages: it has hundreds of free advertising brochure templates to draw from and it is very easy to use, thanks to the use of a drag-and-drop system to place the elements.
How to make advertising flyers with Canva?
- Create an account, start a new project, and select Brochure or Flyer from the Marketing Materials category.
- Select a brochure template: there are hundreds, some free and some paid. To help you choose the perfect template for you and learn how to layout an advertising brochure, we have put together “5 tips for creating an optimal brochure” here.
- To enhance your advertising brochures, you can modify and insert icons, frames and text – just select them from the library.
- You can upload custom images to the flyer or choose from a file.
Advertising brochures can be downloaded in PNG, JPEG, or print-ready PDF format. Canva is also translated into Spanish.
Flyers with Adobe Express (formerly Adobe Spark)
Adobe Express (formerly known as Adobe Spark) could be seen as Adobe’s answer to Canva. Therefore, it is the second program that we present in our guide on how to make advertising brochures. The strong points of Adobe Express are its ease of use and the excellent quality of its base designs.
Adobe Express is an online program with a free basic version —very complete and that you can use for your projects— and a Premium version. The Premium version mainly allows access to infinite Adobe files with professional templates and freely licensed images.
In general, Adobe Express allows you to create advertising brochures from the selection of modern designs that – we have no doubt! – will help you attract attention. One of the strong points of this program for advertising brochures is its ease of use: in fact, with just a few clicks, it allows you to modify elements such as texts, images, shapes, colors, and backgrounds. It also allows you to insert assets, that is, image compositions that are already optimally assembled and that you can freely modify.
Another important novelty: if the previous versions of the program were only available in English, now you can also work comfortably in your language.
When using Adobe Express, always have our tips on how to create a great brochure close at hand.
How to make advertising brochures online with Adobe Express? Here are some tips.
- Create a free account and a new project.
- We advise you to always start with a template: you can search for them by typing “brochure” in the convenient search box at the top of the screen.
- Modify the color palettes of the advertising brochures to find the range of colors that most closely matches your style: decorative, elegant, bold, or modern.
- Modify the design based on the content of your advertising brochures. As we explained in the first part of the guide, it is useful to subdivide the content of the brochure
- Add other elements to the brochures such as icons, logos, text, and images.
Flyers with Marq (formerly Lucidpress)
In short, Marq represents a middle way between an intuitive advertising brochure program and a full palette of professional tools.
Are you wondering how to make advertising brochures with Marq? Here is the process step by step.
- Create a free basic account on Marq. You can then start a new project by selecting ” flyer ” in the documents to create. We advise you to base yourself on one of the many templates available.
- You can choose to modify elements you already have in the design, such as text.
- You can modify the image or enter your own. With Marq, it is possible to search for free images online very easily, thanks to a very practical search window. Alternatively, you can upload an image from your computer. Within the platform, you can categorize and save images, so you can easily reuse them in other of your projects.
- Add more elements, such as geometric shapes, tables, or icons.
Vistacreate: a new online program for advertising brochures
Vistacreate is a very easy-to-use program that allows you to create trendy and modern designs with just a few clicks. For this reason, it is without a doubt an excellent new addition to the offer of programs to create advertising brochures.
After you sign up for free at Vistacreate, creating a flyer is easy. Here are some tips:
- Always part of a template. You just have to type the word “brochure” or “flyer” in the program’s search bar.
- Remember that you are creating a printed product: so do not add videos or animations to the content.
- Download the advertising brochure. For printing, we advise you to select the high-quality PDF format offered by the program itself.
Advertising brochures with Microsoft Word
You can also easily create advertising brochures with Microsoft Word.
For these reasons, Microsoft Word could be a very useful software for simple advertising brochures.